What is Pattern and Direct Inheritance in Pega :
- Process Commander provides two kinds of class inheritance, known as directed inheritance and pattern inheritance.
- Pattern inheritance, it is an optional feature we can use for a class in the Rule-Obj-Class rule
- During rule resolution, pattern inheritance causes a class to inherit rules first from classes that match a prefix of the class name.
- Pattern inheritance follows the pattern of the names and dashes in the class name to define inheritance.
- Directed inheritance allows the user to specify or direct from what classes the current class may inherit. Directed inheritance
classes do not have to have a name which includes the “pattern parent prefix” of the current class.